Friday, July 18, 2008

Twilight Fan Art

So under some peer pressure from Kristine, I finally read the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and soon to be a motion picture.

I think the book is fine, if I were a 16 year old girl. But overall, it wasn't my cup of tea, and I wont be reading the next three novels that continue the bizarre love story that is Edward and Bella. I will say, however, that it did resonate with me on some level and I am curious to see how they pull off the up coming movie. Since I don't have cable, I'm not seeing the heavy promotion that's going on MTV, but you can't deny the popularity of the books; so I guess theres something to it.

The image I'm posting below is my impression of Edward and Bella. After reading it, I really got a sense of the dynamic between the two 'lovers'. Edward at some point in the novel said (and I'm paraphrasing) "The lion falls in love with the lamb...". That one sentence stuck with me. It was like a light going on in my head, and it makes perfect sense as to why Edward behaves the way he does with Bella. "She's MINE" is what keeps popping into my head.

"Lion and the Lamb"
Edward and Bella (c)
Stephenie Meyer

Kinda fun to do, really. Something that I normally don't draw and it was nice to do something that is a change of pace for me.

No comments: