Friday, February 15, 2008

Five Seconds With Xixa and Pink

The most amazing thing happend yesterday. The studio I work at (Titmouse) gave us the day to work on 5 seconds of animation and it can be what ever we want.

What do you think the first thing that came to mind?

Animated using a Flash CS in a traditional method. That means I roughed cleaned and colored all in Flash.




Xixa and Pink (c) Edward Artinian 2008

This was the greatest gift I've received professionally in a long time. I mean how many times does your employer just say: "hey today, you get to do your own thing for eight hours and we'll pay you"? Not often I can say. I've been animating for 14 years, and I have yet to have a day of free form work.

Needless to say, it was a like a creative jolt in the arm for all the members of the studio. Some worked by themselves, others got together to create the work. But everyone had to participate. It didn't matter if you didn't know how to animate, you had to create something.

The moment of truth was today, and we watched all of the short films. The diversity and personality of the studio was there for all of us to see. I couldn't believe how talented everyone was and I was so proud of all those who participated.

Truly, this is one of those moments I wont forget and will hold in my heart for a life time.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Sounds like an awsome day. I love the animation ^-^

Alan said...

Love the work. Dirty pillows are always a source of endless animation inspiration.

a day of creativity like that is a brilliant idea. It definitely must bring out a lot of fun creative energy!

Holy cow! You've been in the biz for 14 years? You can be one of those old crotch-ity guys that says: Listen kid, I've been in the biz for 14 years and if there's one thing I've learned it is "insert blunt wisdom here"

Federico said...

Love it. The characters and the coloring style are really good.
And the whole idea of a day of creativity at work is amazing!
Every studio should do it!